Compare SEON vs Token of Trust
Behind the scenes of online commerce, stakeholders of different persuasions are starting to recognize the need to verify the customers and users they are dealing with – not just to comply with legislation and certification requirements but also to prevent instances of fraud against them and their legitimate customers.
Different vendors approach this goal in different ways, and today we are comparing SEON and Token of Trust and their individual strategies to allow you to be more certain that a shopper is not a bad actor.
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q1 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
About Token of Trust
Token of Trust is a US-based company promising to help businesses verify their customers, prove their age and location-based eligibility, and ensure that a person is who they say they are.
From their Minnesota headquarters, this privately held startup verifies consumers from around the world, with official figures citing 130 countries. The company started off in 2015 and was marketing a fully patented solution by 2019.
Token of Trust Consumer Reputation Reports combine results in easy-to-digest profiles for each user. These make use of data gathered and processed using 256 bit SSL encryption from government-issued IDs from around the world, video, selfies and biometrics, documents, and other sources.
Moreover, this vendor allows for secure archival options for such information, compliant with GDPR and other privacy-first legislation from different locales.
- Government ID verification: Allows companies to verify the validity of, and read information on, customer identification cards, passports, driver’s licenses, etc.
- Electronic ID verification: Helps merchants assess user intentions for digital user onboarding, at checkout, etc.
- Sanction and watchlist screening: This AML-focused solution promises quick results as it checks against list of individuals not allowed to trade in certain locales.
- Biometric selfie & liveliness: Using image and biometric technology to verify users for KYC.
- Document verification: Helping organizations assess whether user-submitted documents of diverse types, such as diplomas, qualifications and certifications, are authentic.
- Social profile verification: Uses social signals to boost verification certainty.
- Address verification: Identifies whether a customer-provided address exists and matches their known details.
- Age verification: For sectors where customer age is important, such as iGaming, age verification is key.
- Wide range of applications that suit the needs of organizations from banking to education and betting, as well as ecommerce.
- Allows merchants to serve more customers.
- Fast and efficient – up to 30x faster verifications, per the official website.
- No standalone social data enrichment option available.
- Location verification does not use IP analysis.
- No device fingerprinting aspect to alert to common fraudster setups.
Book a demo and watch us in real time to see us in action
SEON vs Token of Trust Features Comparison Table
|SEON||Token of Trust|
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 50+ platforms||Yes|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||No|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|ID verification||No||Yes (documents)|
|Integration / deployment|
|Custom API fields||Yes||No|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Flexible tiered pricing based on API requests starting from $299.||Three-tiered subscription service & custom plans available. Contact their sales|
Where Token of Trust Wins over SEON
- It comes with the ability to verify the validity of government-issued documents using several different methods.
- It can provide biometric screening of a selfie to add a new level of validity of identity.
Where SEON wins over Token of Trust
- Working behind the scenes, SEON’s solution does not introduce unnecessary friction in the customer journey.
- Can provide holistic fraud protection, rather than just user verification.
Learn more about:
Browser Fingerprinting | Data Enrichment | Device Fingerprinting | Fraud Detection API | Fraud Detection Machine Learning | Fraud Detection & Prevention
Try our free tools:
BIN Lookup | IP Lookup | Reverse Email Lookup | Reverse Phone Lookup | Social Media Lookup
See a live demo of our product
Sign up for our newsletter
The top stories of the month delivered straight to your inbox