ThreatMetrix is now part of the LexisNexis Risk Solutions product portfolio. It is a full fraud platform that combines different technologies mainly focused on user user’s identity verification and authentication.
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q3 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
ThreatMetrix Key Features
- A full fraud platform that combines multiple technologies for user identification and authentication. As it’s been acquired by LexisNexis Risk Solutions, you can also integrate with other products from their portfolio (for a price).
- You can opt-in to purchase the Consortium product, which creates a templated list of fraud topologies per industry. ThreatMetrix will then use the LexisNexis Digital Identity Network to share data across companies and help create a network effect to combat fraud.
- ThreatMetrix also offers what it calls Professional Services – essentially consultancy to help you assess your fraud risk and implement the right strategies to combat it.
- Big database of malicious IPs: While these databases work best with fresh data, the company still has one of the largest ones to look for flagged IP addresses.
- Graph visualization: Fraud managers who like to explore customer connections visually can do so with their data viz tool.
- Integration with other LexisNexis tools: ThreatMetrix can integrate with other tools such as LexisNexis Voice Biometrics or Emailage.
- Onsite integration: They offer the ability to send engineers on-site to support with your on-premise integration.
- Part of a large portfolio of products: Because ThreatMetrix is part of the giant LexisNexis Risk Solutions, all the other tools are sold as extra.
- No free trial: The only way to see if ThreatMetrix works for your business is to sign a long contract with them.
- No built-in data enrichment: You need to purchase other solutions from the LexisNexis portfolio to get a 360-degree view of your users.
SEON’s advanced APIs and device fingerprinting provide fast, scalable fraud prevention solutions, no matter the size or ambition of your organization.Ask an Expert
SEON vs ThreatMetrix Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||No, you need to purchase Emailage|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 50+ platforms||No|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||Yes|
|Behaviour tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|User authentication||Via cookie and browser hash||Via ThreatMetrix SmartID|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
Integration / deployment
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes, via Zapier||Yes only via other LexisNexis products|
|Cost per month||Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $599 per month. For Premium Support, speak with an expert for a bespoke solution.||N/A|
Where SEON Wins Over ThreatMetrix
- The flexible integration of SEON is a clear win for smaller companies who need to test their risk management tools, don’t want to be locked into multi-year contracts, and want a fast agile deployment.
- SEON lets you onboard from the comfort of your own computer, and you get a free version to see if it works for you. The ability to run a Machine-Learning engine on 1 year worth of data can also help suggest risk rules that your team might have otherwise missed.
- The integrated data enrichment modules built into SEON for reverse email lookup, reverse phone lookup and reverse social media lookup help you build complete customer profiles from the get-go, without having to purchase extra products. This shows tremendous results for due diligence and KYC, cutting fraudulent signups by more than 90%.
SEON vs ThreatMetrix Conclusion
- You want flexibility, test it with a free trial, and get access to fresh alternative user data such as social media profiles.
- You already use other LexisNexis products. You need graph visualisation or are already locked into the LexisNexis ecosystem. For enterprise clients who need on-premise fraud prevention, it’s a sure choice.
See our real-time fraud prevention solution in action, boasting unique digital footprinting, granular reporting, custom risk rules and machine learning.
Ask an Expert
Learn more about:
Try our free tools:
Showing all with `` tag