Compare SEON vs Simility
In this article, we will give you a brief overview of Simility’s history, its product stack, and how it compares to SEON.
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q1 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
Co-headquartered in Palo Alto, California, and Hyderabad, India, Simility offers a complete end-to-end fraud and decisioning platform to support businesses in the fight against digital fraud.
It was founded by ex-Google and Amazon employees in 2014 and acquired by PayPal for $120 million in 2018. Their clients are mainly enterprise customers across financial services and retail with names such as African ecommerce platform Jumia, luxury retailer Luisa Via Roma, and some of the top 50 banks in the US.
The company now heavily relies on PayPal’s vast network of payment data, which it leverages to reduce chargebacks, reduce payment friction, and block fraud, with a focus on merchants and financial services.
Simility Key products
- Simility’s offering is built upon its Adaptive Decisioning Platform, which is described as a “data-first approach”, through a combination of AI and big data visualization.
- Its device intelligence analyzes more than 350 browser, mobile, desktop, and network data points and combines this with transactional data stemming from the user’s purchase.
- Simility offers a graph visualization solution to enable analysts to visualize connections between data points and uncover potential fraud patterns.
- Since the acquisition, Simility’s services have benefited from using PayPal’s extensive dataset along with its own database.
- Its graph visualization solution is more suited to certain analysts’ preferences for viewing fraud.
- On offer is a chargeback protection module, which, in combination with the automation aspect, allows merchants to concentrate on other aspects of their business.
- Despite the advantages of working with PayPal, Simility still handles potentially stale data, which can lead to more false positives.
- The company is more focused on enterprise clients and therefore will offer more structured contracts vs a pay-as-you-go model. There is no public pricing or free trial available.
SEON vs Simility Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||Yes|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 50+ platforms||No|
|Behavior tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Only with PayPal services|
|Cost per month||Flexible tiered pricing based on API requests starting from $299. A completely free version is also available, with limited API calls per month.||N/A. Contact their sales team.|
Book a demo and watch us in real time to see us in action
Where Simility Wins Over SEON
- The availability of graph visualization might be better suited to certain fraud teams based on their previous experiences of working with software, as it can give a clearer insight in to potential fraudulent connections.
Where SEON Wins Over Simility
- SEON offers more comprehensive customer insights pre-signup with the live digital profiling tool to give you extra confidence when making a decision.
- More flexibility with individual APIs, pay-per-use and intergration with other tools allows you to develop a multi-layered defense at an affordable price.
Learn more about:
Browser Fingerprinting | Data Enrichment | Device Fingerprinting | Fraud Detection API | Fraud Detection Machine Learning | Fraud Detection & Prevention
Try our free tools:
BIN Lookup | IP Lookup | Reverse Email Lookup | Reverse Phone Lookup | Social Media Lookup
See a live demo of our product
Sign up for our newsletter
The top stories of the month delivered straight to your inbox