Choosing the right fraud prevention platform is vital to success as it acts as a foundational base for your organization. This page will compare SEON with Accertify and look to help you choose the most suitable solution.
Disclaimer: Everything written about the companies mentioned in this article was gleaned from online research including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test all the tools. However, we ensured the information was correct as of spring 2022. Feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.
Founded in 2007, Accertify is a US-based fraud prevention, chargeback management, and payment gateway solution provider.
The company offers a range of services varying from automated fraud detection products to hands-on professional services which look to support businesses with their entire fraud program.
Accertify is an American Express-owned company with clients including StubHub, RyanAir, OFX, Arcadia, and Southwest Airlines.
- The company offers a range of services but its main fraud management platform features customizable rules, advanced machine learning models, and reporting availabilities as well as a sandbox environment to create potential scenarios.
- Their Digital Identity product looks to protect against account takeovers (ATO) through device fingerprinting, IP and geodata analysis as well as user behavior triggers.
- Its refunds abuse API has a risk score calculator based on user data with the availability of direct integrations with other fraud platforms.
- Accertify also offers an online payment gateway service that supports over 120 currencies.
- Their client success team is primarily composed of former fraud managers so there’s a direct understanding of the complexities your risk team will face each day.
- Accertify goes beyond just fraud prevention, with payment gateway service availability and the built-in chargeback management module.
- Although they offer a digital identity product, it does not utilize data enrichment or social media lookup which can lead to stale data.
- Solutions integrate easier for those already working American Express products. Further innovation will have to appease more stakeholders and take more time.
Book a demo and watch us in real time to see us in action
SEON vs Accertify Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes via partners|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||Yes via partners|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 35+ platforms||No|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||Yes|
|Behavior tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|User authentication||Yes via cookie and browser hash||Yes, including SCA|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|Custom API fields||Yes||No|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Flexible tiered pricing based on API requests starting from €99.||N/A. Contact their sales team for more info.|
Where SEON wins Over Accertify
- SEON is able to offer a cheaper, more flexible approach with no contracts and a pay-per-usage model suited for businesses with tighter margins.
- Live email + phone social lookups offer more security when it comes to manual reviews and boosts revenue opportunities through more holistic customer profiles.
- Although services work with some iGaming companies, they are not tailored for specific problems like bonus abuse at all, unlike SEON which offers industry-guided rulesets that can be customized accordingly.
Where Accertify Wins Over SEON
- Accertify is a fully established platform with years of data and multiple products aimed at minimizing the effort for large-scale enterprises.
- The effectiveness of offering a payment gateway alongside fraud prevention products will be a big plus for some businesses with the ability to refund transactions in one system.
SEON vs Accertify Conclusion
- You are a company looking to maximize revenue with a smaller budget that deals with many new onboarding customers.
- You are a large-scale enterprise with a bigger budget looking for a solution that will handle most of the customer journey and associated risks.
Learn more about:
Try our free tools: