Accertify is a US-based fraud prevention, chargeback management, and payment gateway solution provider. The company offers a range of services varying from automated fraud detection products to hands-on professional services which look to support businesses with their entire fraud program.
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q3 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
Accertify Key Features
- The company offers a range of services but its main fraud management platform features customizable rules, advanced machine learning models, and reporting availabilities as well as a sandbox environment to create potential scenarios.
- Their Digital Identity product looks to protect against account takeovers (ATO) through device fingerprinting, IP and geodata analysis as well as user behavior triggers.
- Its refunds abuse API has a risk score calculator based on user data with the availability of direct integrations with other fraud platforms.
- Accertify also offers an online payment gateway service that supports over 120 currencies, and includes payment optimisation as well as chargeback management.
- Their client success team is primarily composed of former fraud managers so there’s a direct understanding of the complexities your risk team will face each day.
- Accertify’s acquisition by American Express means that the company can go beyond fraud prevention, offering a suite of full payment tools that include chargeback management.
- While the company is US-centric, it has made efforts to help European customers, notably by focusing on SCA (strong customer authentication) to reduce payment friction.
- Although they offer a digital identity product, it does not utilize data enrichment or social media lookup which can lead to stale data.
- Solutions integrate easier for those already working American Express products. Further innovation will have to appease more stakeholders and take more time.
- Accertify is a big, powerful system that is not built with customization and flexibility in mind. For instance, you might have to raise support tickets to change a custom rule manually.
SEON’s advanced APIs and device fingerprinting provide fast, scalable fraud prevention solutions, no matter the size or ambition of your organization.
SEON vs Accertify Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes via partners|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||Yes via partners|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 90+ platforms||No|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||Yes|
|Behavior tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|User authentication||Yes via cookie and browser hash||Yes, including SCA|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|Custom API fields||Yes||No|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $599 per month. For Premium Support, speak with an expert for a bespoke solution.||N/A. Contact their sales team for more info.|
Where SEON wins Over Accertify
- SEON is able to offer a cheaper, more flexible approach with no contracts and a pay-per-usage model suited for businesses with tighter margins.
- Live email + phone social lookups offer more security when it comes to manual reviews and boosts revenue opportunities through more holistic customer profiles.
- SEON is built with flexibility and customization in mind, allowing more freedom and agility for risk management teams, for instance when creating custom rules.
SEON vs Accertify Conclusion
- You need real-time data for user verification as well as more robust risk management features – especially when it comes to customizing risk rules to adapt to your business risk.
- You are a large-scale enterprise with a bigger budget looking for a solution that will handle account protection, payment and risk management via a complete suite of products.
See our real-time fraud prevention solution in action, boasting unique digital footprinting, granular reporting, custom risk rules and machine learning.
Ask an Expert
Learn more about:
Try our free tools:
Showing all with `` tag