Veriff is a fast and effective cloud-based, AI-powered identity SaaS verification tool.
Popular with banks as well as companies in the gaming and gambling industries, it’s known for excellent customer service and the ability to smoothly assist companies with their regulatory compliance needs.
Read on to find out how Veriff’s KYC and AML software offering stands out on the market, and whether it matches your fraud fighting requirements.
Disclaimer: Everything in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test all the tools. However, we ensured the information was correct as of Q3 2022. Feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.
Veriff Key Products
Focusing on helping its clients to stay KYC and AML compliant, Veriff offers a comprehensive range of customer identity validation processes such as age validation, driver’s license validation, and new account onboarding. Its KYC options are broad, giving you access to a watchlist as well, for ongoing monitoring.
Veriff was one of the first companies to use video analysis to assist with the overall verification process, but it can also weed fraudsters out during the transaction process itself. This is down to its image capturing and background video recording facilities.
Veriff has a very thorough customer identity verification offering, including state-of-the-art biometric authentication, assisted image capture, and proof of address verification tools.
This makes it a popular choice among companies who need an efficient, automated solution to help them verify large quantities of new users on a daily basis. This includes those in the HR management, crypto, healthcare and iGaming industries.
- Session liveness analysis: Veriff is particularly adept at spotting session liveness, as well as any additional document security features which are only available to view during a video recording. This gives them an advantage as they can almost instantly detect if a user session is real.
- Speedy IDV: Covering a range of over 9,500 different identity documents, Veriff’s fast customer pre-onboarding process can analyze thousands of variables. This means that Veriff can verify each customer in roughly 60 seconds. Veriff is automated and efficient at dealing with large quantities of new customer onboardings, so it’s a particularly effective choice for companies who want a hands-off approach to verifying customers.
- Great UX and support: Customers who reviewed Veriff vouched for its transparent, trustworthy customer service team. Some also explained that the dashboard/self-service portal were intuitive to use.
- Introduces friction: Like most external identity proofing tools, Veriff will slow down the onboarding process for all new customers, resulting in churn. However, it’s worth bearing in mind that Veriff does claim its verification process is able to verify users within seconds.
- Cost: If you’re dealing with verifying a large bulk of users, that can also become costly to your business. Therefore, it’s also worth looking into tools that can help you spot fraudsters pre-KYC as well.
SEON vs Veriff Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, 50+ platforms||No|
|User authentication||Yes, via hashes||Yes|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||No|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||No|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Flexible tiered pricing based on API requests.||Starter plan plus three tiers of extras, or enterprise plan.|
Book a demo to watch our real-time fraud prevention software with digital footprinting in action, with custom risk rules and machine learning.Book a Demo
Where SEON Wins Over Veriff
- SEON offers phone and email data enrichment plus reverse email lookup, which Veriff does not have. You can thus use SEON to spot high risk customers before they reach the KYC process itself, which means that you can save money on expensive verification checks, plus reduce churn. External identity proofing can increase friction – and this can turn good customers away.
- SEON offers modularity, whereas Veriff does not. SEON can be used on its own with a dashboard, or modular APIs to get results fed to your own reporting or risk platform. You can also use SEON as one of several standalone products.
Where Veriff Wins Over SEON
- SEON can’t verify documents and so it can’t offer what Veriff has here in terms of KYC. Veriff can verify the validity of ID cards, driver’s licenses, residence permits, and passports in 45 languages and almost every country around the world.
- Biometrics is another area where Veriff beats SEON, as the latter doesn’t offer video and selfie verification at all. Veriff’s biometric verification solution boasts 99.99% accuracy, with 99.99% of users authenticated on their first try.
Choose SEON if:
- You need a flexible, end-to-end anti-fraud product that works with your payment ecosystem every step of the way.
- You’re looking to save money during the IDV process. You can use SEON’s data enrichment to weed out fraudsters or junk accounts before they have a chance to create their account. Using external services to verify customers can become costly and adds friction to the customer journey, so filtering out fraudsters pre-KYC to apply dynamic friction can be very helpful.
- You’re running an ecommerce shop on Shopify or elsewhere and are looking for a plug-in-and-play fraud fighting tool.
Choose Veriff if:
- You’re looking for a reliable document verification tool to add to your overall risk prevention stack, biometrics-powered verification, or you want to harness the power of image and video recording to know what your user is doing in the background, in high-risk situations.
- KYC false positives are a pain point for your business and are causing you to lose revenue.
- You need a fast and accurate IDV solution that can verify thousands of users within seconds, reducing fraud risk while also creating a smooth onboarding process for your customers.
Learn more about:
Try our free tools: