Compare SEON vs TruValidate (formerly Iovation)
This is a comparison article between SEON and TransUnion’s TruValidate product, formerly known as Iovation. We hope this will help you in making a decision on which company is best to accompany you in the fight against fraud!
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q1 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
Following the 2018 acquisition of Iovation, TransUnion recently rebranded its new division to TruValidate. Since 2004, Iovation has utilized device recognition technology to help authenticate users and prevent fraud.
TransUnion was founded in 1968 and has corporate headquarters in Chicago, Illinois as well as office locations in Hong Kong, Leeds, Mumbai, Toronto, Johannesburg, Colombia and Brazil.
Iovation was a highly used solution in the igaming space. However, since the acqusition, TransUnion has begun to expand its usage to other areas, such as the recent Blanket Purchase Agreement it secured from the US Department of Labor.
In recent years, the company has expanded its offering to include the TruValidate Identity Exchange solution, combining the traditional Iovation solutions with credit bureau data and other fraud flags, alongside application data. It also incorporated all the products from the fraud prevention company Neustar, which also includes marketing and communication solutions.
- TruValidate: the flagship fraud prevention solution, that includes identity and transaction analysis.
- TruVision: a risk management platform that can be deployed to calculate credit risk, insurance risk, employment risk, or tenant risk.
- TruIQ: a data intelligence and analytics product.
- TruEmpower: a suite of tools designed to help consumers manage their own credit health and control their finances, powered by data from another acquisition: IdentityForce.
- TruLookup: the manual solution for OSINT.
- TruAudience: one of the aforementioned acquired products from Neustar, which leverages data enrichment for marketing purposes.
- TruContact: another Neustar product, designed to enhance customer outreach.
- A wide range of business products: not just related to fraud, but also risk management, communications, and even marketing.
- Huge amount of data sources: TruValidate can leverage data from the entire Iovation suite, including credit info.
- Unique industry use cases: Iovation offers specific tools for the insurance vertical or landlords, among others.
- Non-transparent pricing: you need to contact the sales team to get an idea of how much each Iovation product will cost you.
- No compliance solution: TruValidate isn’t designed to help with AML or PSD2, for instance.
- US-centric: not ideal if you are in an emerging market.
Book a demo and watch us in real time to see us in action
SEON vs TruValidate Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes, via TruIQ|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||Yes, via TruLookup|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 50+ platforms||Yes, via TruLookup|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||No|
|Behavior tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||No|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Flexible tiered pricing based on API requests. There is a free plan, and paid plans start at $299.||N/A|
Where SEON Wins Over TruValidate
- Better apt to fight more modern types of fraud due to features such as email/phone-based data enrichment, availability of multi-layered defense systems via modular APIs and more advanced machine learning capabilities.
- Offer both a free trial and free integration plus the ability to batch/demo trial before you buy.
- Being part of a smaller team enables us to truly understand your company’s needs, with our customer success team being built up of former fraud managers.
- Fewer chances of false positives as we do not share blacklists.
Where TruValidate Wins Over SEON
- Focus on unique industries, such as insurance or landlords, and includes marketing and outreach data-driven products.
- With a database spanning almost 20 years, the company holds a history of over 3 billion devices and 30 million reports of fraud and abuse.
- Their product offerings are more expansive given the size of TransUnion and it would be expected that the company will look to develop its TruValidate offerings in the future.
SEON vs TruValidate Conclusion
- You are looking for a more modern platform that uses innovative technologies and advanced enrichment features to maximize profit.
- You are an enterprise customer who needs a full suite of products, including fraud management, risk management, and even marketing or outreach products from the same company.
Learn more about:
Browser Fingerprinting | Data Enrichment | Device Fingerprinting | Fraud Detection API | Fraud Detection with Machine Learning & AI | Fraud Detection & Prevention
Try our free tools:
BIN Lookup | IP Lookup | Reverse Email Lookup | Reverse Phone Lookup | Social Media Lookup
See a live demo of our product
Sign up for our newsletter
The top stories of the month delivered straight to your inbox