Following the 2018 acquisition of Iovation, TransUnion recently rebranded its new division to TruValidate. Since 2004, Iovation has utilized device recognition technology to help authenticate users and prevent fraud.
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q3 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
TruValidate Key Features
- TruValidate: the flagship fraud prevention solution, that includes identity and transaction analysis.
- TruVision: a risk management platform that can be deployed to calculate credit risk, insurance risk, employment risk, or tenant risk.
- TruIQ: a data intelligence and analytics product.
- TruEmpower: a suite of tools designed to help consumers manage their own credit health and control their finances, powered by data from another acquisition: IdentityForce.
- TruLookup: the manual solution for OSINT.
- TruAudience: one of the aforementioned acquired products from Neustar, which leverages data enrichment for marketing purposes.
- TruContact: another Neustar product, designed to enhance customer outreach.
- A wide range of business products: not just related to fraud, but also risk management, communications, and even marketing.
- Huge amount of data sources: TruValidate can leverage data from the entire Iovation suite, including credit info.
- Unique industry use cases: Iovation offers specific tools for the insurance vertical or landlords, among others.
- Non-transparent pricing: you need to contact the sales team to get an idea of how much each Iovation product will cost you.
- No compliance solution: TruValidate isn’t designed to help with AML or PSD2, for instance.
- US-centric: not ideal if you are in an emerging market.
SEON’s advanced APIs and device fingerprinting provide fast, scalable fraud prevention solutions, no matter the size or ambition of your organization.Ask an Expert
SEON vs TruValidate Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes, via TruIQ|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||Yes, via TruLookup|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 90+ platforms||Yes, via TruLookup|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||No|
|Behavior tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||No|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $599 per month. For Premium Support, speak with an expert for a bespoke solution.||N/A|
Where SEON Wins Over TruValidate
- Better apt to fight more modern types of fraud due to features such as email/phone-based data enrichment, availability of multi-layered defense systems via modular APIs and more advanced machine learning capabilities.
- Offer both a free trial and free integration plus the ability to batch/demo trial before you buy.
- Being part of a smaller team enables us to truly understand your company’s needs, with our customer success team being built up of former fraud managers.
- Fewer chances of false positives as we do not share blacklists.
SEON vs TruValidate Conclusion
- You are looking for a more modern platform that uses innovative technologies and advanced enrichment features to maximize profit.
- You are an enterprise customer who needs a full suite of products, including fraud management, risk management, and even marketing or outreach products from the same company.
See our real-time fraud prevention solution in action, boasting unique digital footprinting, granular reporting, custom risk rules and machine learning.
Ask an Expert
Learn more about:
Try our free tools:
Showing all with `` tag