This is a comparison article between SEON’s Sense Platform and TransUnion’s TruValidate product, formerly known as Iovation. We hope this will help you in making a decision on which company is best to accompany you in the fight against fraud!
Disclaimer: Everything written about the companies mentioned in this article was gleaned from online research including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test all the tools. However, we ensured the information was correct as of Summer 2021. Feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.
Following the 2018 acquisition of Iovation, TransUnion recently rebranded its new division to TruValidate. Since 2004, Iovation has utilised device recognition technology to help authentic users and prevent fraud.
TransUnion was founded in 1968 and has corporate headquarters in Chicago, Illinois as well as office locations in Hong Kong, Leeds, Mumbai, Toronto, Johannesburg, Colombia and Brazil.
- A fully customisable authentication solution tailored for the entire consumer lifecycle.
- Document, email and phone verification via their proprietary database.
- Biometric and facial recognition capabilities.
- IGaming knowledge: Previous experience, data and expertise of the iGaming sector through the former Iovation.
- Device fingerprinting: Able to recognise good devices paired with the consumer’s account.
- Sizeable Data: A collection of 3 billion devices and 30 million reports of fraud and abuse.
- Integration opportunities: Easy integration with other TransUnion solutions.
- Stale Data: Despite the sizeable database, some of this is likely to be out dated and no longer applicable.
- Technology: Slow in innovation with legacy tech powering much of their solutions.
- Limited live data access: No email or phone-based data enrichment.
- Free Trial: No free/batch trial availability (at the time of writing.)
- No Machine Learning suggestions: you’ll have to rely on your own risk management team to create rules only.
SEON Vs TruValidate Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 35+ platforms||No|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||No|
|Behaviour tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|User authentication||Via cookie and browser hash||Yes|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|Integration / deployment|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes, via Zapier||Yes|
|Cost per month||N/A|
Where SEON Wins Over TruValidate
- Better apt to fight more modern types of fraud due to features such as email/phone-based data enrichment, availability of multi-layered defence systems via modular APIs and more advanced machine learning capabilities.
- Offer both a free trial and free integration plus the ability to batch/demo trial before you buy.
- Being part of a smaller team enables us to truly understand your company’s needs, with our customer success team being built up of former fraud managers.
- Less chances of false positives as we do not share blacklists.
Where TruValidate Wins Over SEON
- Experience and specialized knowledge of the iGaming sector.
- With a database spanning almost 20 years, the company holds a history of over 3 billion devices and 30 million reports of fraud and abuse.
- Their product offerings are more expansive given the size of TransUnion and it would be expected that the company will look to develop its TruValidate offerings in the future.
SEON vs TruValidate Conclusion
- You are looking for a more modern platform that uses innovative technologies and advanced enrichment features to maximise profit.
- You are an iGaming company looking to match your competitors or you need more products outside of fraud detection, where you can utilise TransUnion’s portfolio.