We hope that this breakdown of SEON and Kount will help you in making a decision on the best risk management products for your business.
Disclaimer: Everything written about the companies mentioned in this article was gleaned from online research including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test all the tools. However, we ensured the information was correct as of summer 2021. Feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.
Kount is a digital fraud prevention firm focused on enterprise businesses globally – boasting a 9000+ client base as well as over 30 technology patents.
Founded by Brad Wiskirchen initially “on the back of a napkin during a sushi lunch”, the company was acquired by Equifax in February 2021.
- Identity Trust Global Network holds data from the company’s 13-year existence with records of over 32 billion annual interactions across 250 countries, 75+ industries, 50+ payment processors and card networks.
- Command is the firm’s flagship product that provides an end-to-end solution for online businesses that deal with card not present (CNP) transactions.
- Central is a four-staged solution focused on credit card payments, typically tailored to payment service providers and their merchant portfolio.
- Control focuses on protecting logins, accounts, and databases from malicious account takeover.
- Chargebacks: In a case study with a client, The Source, the firm showed their ability to improve risk management at larger retailers driving their chargeback rate down from 0.8% to 0.45%. They also offer merchants a chargeback guarantee.
- Specialised ecommerce Focus: With a partner list that includes brands including New Balance, US Polo ASSN and Staples, Kount has developed its core products to ensure enterprise merchants are able to automate processes and remove risk with minimum input.
- Automated + Customisable Rules: Easily set up rules that align with your businesses needs to cut down manual reviews and auto release orders that show no signs of risk.
- Static data: With over 13 years of experience, the company holds masses of data that can be used to halt fraudsters, however, it is important to factor that data can quickly become stale or out of date.
- Shopify restock: It has been reported that when Kount cancels an order it does not automatically restock those items which appears to be a limitation between them and Shopify.
- Transaction loading times: Some online reviews have reported a loading time of more than 15 minutes to add new orders to the site.
Book a demo and watch us in real time to see us in action
SEON Vs Kount Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes via Kount Identity Trust Global Network|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 35+ platforms||No|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||Yes|
|Behaviour tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|User authentication||Via cookie and browser hash||Via Kount with 3DS2|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|Risk score||Yes||Yes via Omniscore|
|Integration / deployment|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes, via Zapier||Yes|
|Cost per month||Flexible tiered pricing based on API requests starting from €99.||N/A|
Where SEON Wins Over Kount
- SEON’s Intelligence Tool enriches data by also checking more than 40 social media accounts in real-time to create a fuller digital footprint of a user. This enables you to make a more informed risk assessment decision.
- A more modern UX design which makes for an easy to use, intuitive platform.
- Real-time data enrichment beats stale data as it provides a direct overview of the given customers social footprint all in real-time.
Where Kount Wins Over SEON
- Kount differentiates itself through a direct focus on the impact of chargebacks for example its chargeback guarantee business model.
- Specialised knowledge of eCommerce space.
SEON vs Kount Conclusion
- You are actively seeking direct involvement with risk management processes and looking for a fraud prevention partner with industry expertise to maximize profits, hit targets and minimize false declines.
- You are an enterprise brand with a heavy offline retail footprint as well as an online presence. Their chargeback guarantee offers a safety net for larger retailers who deal with huge amounts of returns, whether friendly fraud or with malicious intent.