Kount is a digital fraud prevention firm focused on enterprise businesses globally, boasting a 15,000+ client base as well as over 30 technology patents. The company is currently in use by a number of prominent online retailers.
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q3 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
Kount Key Features
- Kount 360 is the company’s flagship fraud prevention product, designed to reduce payment risk by leveraging the power of AI.
- Command is the firm’s flagship product that provides an end-to-end solution for online businesses that deal with card not present (CNP) transactions.
- Central is a four-staged solution focused on credit card payments, typically tailored to payment service providers and their merchant portfolio.
- Control focuses on protecting logins, accounts, and databases from malicious account takeover.
- There is also a chargeback management platform, designed to manage disputes and return fraud.
- A device module lets you collect data from users’ software and hardware.
- Finally, you can connect Kount with third-party platforms such as WooCommerce, Magento and Shopify.
- Chargeback management: The company offers a number of ways to tackle chargebacks, from fraud prevention and identity verification to a full platform for case management.
- Specialized ecommerce focus: With a partner list that includes brands including New Balance, US Polo ASSN and Staples, Kount has developed its core products to ensure enterprise merchants are able to automate processes and remove risk with minimum input.
- Automated + customizable rules: Easily set up rules that align with your businesses needs to cut down manual reviews and auto release orders that show no signs of risk.
- Static data: While the company holds masses of data that can be used to halt fraudsters thanks to its Equifax partnership, it is important to factor that data can quickly become stale or out of date.
- Limited due diligence features: While you can use Kount to confirm identities, there are no options to check PEP or sanction lists for AML, for instance.
- Opaque pricing: Hard to know exactly how much Kount will end up costing you unless you go through numerous sales calls for a quote.
SEON’s advanced APIs and device fingerprinting provide fast, scalable fraud prevention solutions, no matter the size or ambition of your organization.
SEON Vs Kount Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes via Kount Identity Trust Global Network|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 50+ platforms||No|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||Yes|
|Behaviour tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|User authentication||Via cookie and browser hash||Via Kount with 3DS2|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|Risk score||Yes||Yes via Omniscore|
|Integration / deployment|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes, via Zapier||Yes|
|Cost per month||Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $599 per month. For Premium Support, speak with an expert for a bespoke solution.||N/A|
Where SEON Wins Over Kount
- SEON enriches data by also checking more than 50 social media accounts in real-time to create a fuller digital footprint of a user. This enables you to make a more informed risk assessment decision.
- A more modern UX design which makes for an easy to use, intuitive platform.
- Real-time data enrichment beats stale data as it provides a direct overview of the given customer’s social footprint, all in real-time.
SEON vs Kount Conclusion
- You need an agile and flexible fraud prevention solution that includes regulatory compliance features – tailored to a wide range and industries and with transparent pricing.
- You are an enterprise brand with a heavy offline retail footprint as well as an online presence. Their chargeback guarantee offers a safety net for larger retailers who deal with huge amounts of returns, whether friendly fraud or with malicious intent.
See our real-time fraud prevention solution in action, boasting unique digital footprinting, granular reporting, custom risk rules and machine learning.
Ask an Expert
Learn more about:
Try our free tools:
Showing all with `` tag