Emailage found itself to be a leader in the email lookup space. Started as a global fraud prevention company that created a customer profile based on a customer’s email address, leading to an overall risk score that automatically triggered real-time alerts of potentially risky transactions.
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q3 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
Emailage Key Features
- Emailage’s key product is its email lookup tool which helps create a more holistic profile on any customers entering/transacting on your site.
- A risk score engine that analyses the email given to support companies in stopping bad actors from entering their site.
- Availability for geolocation checks and behavioral analysis all based on existing transactional data.
- Real-time alerts through a given data point (email address).
- Access LexisNexis Risk Solutions network which provides access to 5.9 billion digital identifiers worldwide and previous transaction data processed in 150+ countries.
- Emailage does not make use of live, active data meaning some of the data will be stale or outdated.
- Limited ability to investigate other data points such as IP addresses and phone numbers.
- No device fingerprinting for extra analysis.
SEON’s advanced APIs and device fingerprinting provide fast, scalable fraud prevention solutions, no matter the size or ambition of your organization.
SEON vs Emailage Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 50+ platforms||Yes, limited|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||Yes|
|Behaviour tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|User authentication||Yes via cookie and browser hash||No|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
Integration / deployment
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes, via Zapier||Yes only via LexisNexis|
|Cost per month||Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $599 per month. For Premium Support, speak with an expert for a bespoke solution.||N/A|
Where SEON Wins Over Emailage
- SEON offers similar email address analysis features as Emailage but also allows you to combine that data with social media checks, device fingerprinting and more to build customer risk profiles.
- Offers compliance tools for KYC and AML.
- Our solutions can be applied in a modular API form, allowing you to have more flexibility with your risk management product stack.
SEON vs Emailage Conclusion
- You need to extract as much data as possible from an email address, but also combine it with other data points to paint a more accurate picture of your customers.
- You are already working with or are looking at LexisNexis products and need some form of email analysis.
See our real-time fraud prevention solution in action, boasting unique digital footprinting, granular reporting, custom risk rules and machine learning.
Ask an Expert
Learn more about:
Try our free tools:
Showing all with `` tag