Anti-fraud is one of the most competitive markets with world-class technology available for merchants and businesses to fortify their defenses. This article will break down SEON and Feedzai.
Disclaimer: Everything written about the companies mentioned in this article was gleaned from online research including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test all the tools. However, we ensured the information was correct as of Fall 2021. Feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.
Feedzai is an AI-powered risk management platform that works across a range of industries to help stop account takeovers (ATO), curb money laundering, and spot transaction fraud.
Founded in 2010 by former aerospace engineer Nuno Sebastião, the firm surpassed the $1B+ valuation point after raising $200M in their Series D funding round (March 2021.)
Feedzai monitors companies with more than 800 million customers across 190 countries, including 80% of the world’s Fortune 500 Companies and four of the five largest banks in North America.
- Feedzai brings together artificial intelligence and machine learning-based to help merchants, acquirers, and issuers detect fraud before any transaction takes place.
- Their machine learning algorithm can be trained to match any business requirements, automating time-consuming tasks and offering human-readable whitebox feedback on any decision made.
- Its Case Manager product offers a visual link analysis tool, reporting dashboard, and human-readable explanations.
- Feedzai covers an immense amount of banks and leading services
- They offer a comprehensive and flexible AML and fraud detection platform used by many leading companies, with the availability of third-party connections available to boost its capabilities.
- Given the nature of the company, it’s likely that setup fees and other costs are to be out of reach for early-stage companies.
- Data enrichment capabilities are limited and a business will have to look at other integrations.
SEON Vs Feedzai Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes via 3rd party integration|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||Yes via 3rd party integration|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 35+ platforms||No|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||No|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
Integration / deployment
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Starting from €99.||N/A|
Where SEON Wins Over Feedzai
- Our products have been developed entirely in mind for the analysts using, with a more user-friendly GUI.
- SEON Sense platform is able to be your complete fraud defense at a more affordable price in comparison to Feedzai.
Where Feedzai Wins Over SEON
- Their AML product suite enables the screening of PEP lists.
- Feedzai is a leader within the banking industry across retail, issuing, and acquiring banks.
- Ability to analyze data at a rapid pace (<10ms average latency.)
- Better visualization of large data sets through tools such as Genome, Feedzai’s AI-based link analysis tool.
SEON vs Feedzai Conclusion
- You’re a startup/medium-sized business either looking for a more reasonably priced product or need access to alternative data sources for more comprehensive customer profiling.
- You’re an established enterprise business / financial institution looking for a complete end-to-end solution.