Sumsub is known for its ease of implementation and customer-centric approach, with a focus on KYC, AML and IDV. Read on to find out whether Sumsub or SEON is better suited to your organizational needs.
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q3 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
Sumsub Key Features:
- The Sumsub suite of products is divided into four categories: User Verification, Business Verification, Transaction Monitoring, and Case Management.
- The User Verification solution includes ID checks and Liveness video checks.
- Business Verfication checks 400M AMl files on companies and ultimate beneficial owners in 220 countries.
- The Transaction Monitoring option is designed to accept more payments, meet AML requirements, and identify suspicious transfers. It is the chosen method for a number of crypto businesses.
- Finally, Case management offers a single dashboard to manage AML cases, including the option to create reports and send them directly to the relevant regulatory bodies.
- Complete KYC, AML and ID verification solution.
- Tried and tested solution for a number of crypto businesses.
- Clear pricing and product segmentation.
- No data enrichment for ID verification.
- Doesn’t offer protection against fraud for the entire payment ecosystem.
- Liveness and video verification can become costly and time consuming for customers.
SEON’s advanced APIs and device fingerprinting provide fast, scalable fraud prevention solutions, no matter the size or ambition of your organization.
Ask an Expert
SEON vs Sumsub Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 50+ platforms||No|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $599 per month. For Premium Support, speak with an expert for a bespoke plan.||There are two sets of pricing depending on your verification volume: the Growing plan (under 1000 verifications), and Enterprise (1000+ monthly checks). The Enterprise prices are only available upon request. The Growing pricing is as follows: Basic ($1.35 per verification starting at $149/month); Compliance ($1.85 per verification starting at $299/month); and Flex ($1 per verification with a prepayment of $5000).|
Where SEON Wins over Sumsub
- SEON offers phone and email data enrichment, which fraudsters are less likely to fake successfully compared to conventional methods of verification. User data is gathered in real-time and is thus more accurate compared to Sumsub’s blacklist, meaning you can learn even more about customers.
- SEON offers a complete end-to-end fraud fighting solution and is completely frictionless, with no impact on the onboarding process, meaning it can’t cause customer churn.
- SEON also wins out when it comes to clamping down on bot farms. That’s because it offers tools like bot detection and mitigation, which Sumsub lacks.
- Your main aim is to prevent fraudulent transactions and accounts by learning more about your users without asking them.
- You’re looking for end-to-end fraud prevention that supports your entire payment ecosystem and customer onboarding process.
- Your simply need an extra layer of AML verification by checking relevant lists.
- You’re looking to implement a form of liveness or document verification.
- You need to stay compliant with data protection, AML and CFT rules.
- You’re looking to pick and choose identity verification steps, tailoring them to your specific requirements.
See our real-time fraud prevention solution in action, boasting unique digital footprinting, granular reporting, custom risk rules and machine learning.
Ask an Expert
Learn more about:
Try our free tools:
Showing all with `` tag