Founded back in 2004, Pipl is a turn-of-the-century success story from Idaho that has raised a reported $19 million in funding in its lifetime. What can Pipl do stacked up against SEON’s solutions? Or could they even work together? Today, we take a closer look.
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q3 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
Pipl Key Features
- Pipl Search: this is the company’s key offering, designed to enrich contact lists with mobile phone numbers, home and business address, email addresses or social media accounts. It is available via API calls, or manual calls, through the Pipl Search Insights product.
- Pipl Trust: building on the foundations of Pipl Search, this product adds automatic decisioning to let you verify identities or meet your trust and safety needs. It is also available via API calls, or manually through the Pipl Trust Insight option.
- Pipl has accumulated a database of 5 Billion trusted identities over its 20 years of existence.
- Customizable API that integrates well into different security and/or research setups.
- Free trial and free support.
- Opaque pricing, complex signup process that involves dealing with the customer support and sales team.
- Lack of customization when it comes to risk scores that automatically accept or reject users.
- Hit and miss results due to outdated identity data points.
SEON’s advanced APIs and device fingerprinting provide fast, scalable fraud prevention solutions, no matter the size or ambition of your organization.
Ask an Expert
SEON vs Pipl Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||Yes|
|Find user social media||Yes||Yes|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||No|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||No|
|Integration / deployment|
|Custom API fields||Yes||No|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $599 per month. For Premium Support, speak with an expert for a bespoke plan.||Contact sales via Pipl’s website|
Where SEON Wins Over Pipl
- Combines digital footprinting with device fingerprinting, IP analysis, BIN lookups and other data for more well-rounded results.
- User authentication and pre-KYC checks to prevent fraud of various types.
- Risk rulesets to trigger blacklisting and hard KYC checks, with presets per industry and machine learning customization.
See our real-time fraud prevention solution in action, boasting unique digital footprinting, granular reporting, custom risk rules and machine learning.
Ask an Expert
Learn more about:
Try our free tools:
Showing all with `` tag