Ekata provides global identity verification and fraud prevention solutions through an automated decisioning solution. Founded originally in 1997 under the name Whitepages, in April 2021 they were acquired by payments giant Mastercard.
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q3 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
Ekata Key Features
- A Transaction Risk API provides an overall network, IP, and confidence risk score in under 100 ms tracking data points such as last-seen, emails, location, address and phone numbers.
- The Account Opening API is more focused on identity verification, which relies on the Ekata Network and data enrichment to understand who your business is dealing with.
- These are available as individual modules also through an Address Risk API and Phone Intelligence API.
- Its Pro Insight tool is built especially for manual reviews and all of this is powered by its machine-learning algorithms. The Network Risk feature, derived from the Ekata Identity Network, is designed as a second check to validate identities based on email, IP, or phone data.
- Expertise within the ecommerce sector.
- Strong emphasis on manual reviews.
- Availability of modular solutions to have layered defenses with other companies’ products.
- Graph visualization through ‘Ekata Identity Graph’ product.
- No social media footprint checks.
- Wide range of products can make it confusing to know exactly what you need.
- Still largely US-focused, although emerging markets data is increasing.
- Opaque pricing.
SEON’s advanced APIs and device fingerprinting provide fast, scalable fraud prevention solutions, no matter the size or ambition of your organization.
SEON Vs Ekata Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||Yes|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 90+ platforms||No|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||Yes|
|Behavior tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|User authentication||Via cookie and browser hash||Yes|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||No|
Integration / deployment
|Custom API fields||Yes||No|
|Integration with other tools||Yes, via Zapier||Yes|
|Cost per month||Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $599 per month. For Premium Support, speak with an expert for a bespoke solution.||N/A|
Where SEON Wins Over Ekata
- Checks social media platforms as part of its risk scoring.
- Device fingerprinting designed to spot connections between users and flag scammers.
- Combines fraud prevention with compliance tools.
- A flexible startup mentality allows for more communication and flexibility.
SEON vs Ekata Conclusion
- You are looking for a more agile product stack with a focus on customization and flexibility. You want to combine fraud prevention and compliance in one solution.
- You are an enterprise ecommerce business handling huge amounts of data/transactions and looking for a solution that can approve orders and signups with less friction and more confidence.
See our real-time fraud prevention solution in action, boasting unique digital footprinting, granular reporting, custom risk rules and machine learning.
Ask an Expert
Learn more about:
Try our free tools:
Showing all with `` tag