Picking the wrong fraud prevention software for your business can lead to high false positives, create gaps in your defenses for fraudsters to exploit, and ultimately massively impact revenue. This article will compare SEON and Cybersource’s offerings.
Disclaimer: Everything written about the companies mentioned in this article was gleaned from online research including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test all the tools. However, we ensured the information was correct as of spring 2022. Feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.
Cybersource is a Visa-owned company that is primarily focused on payment processing. More than 450,000 businesses worldwide use Cybersource solutions in over 190 countries.
Founded in 1994, the company has been vital to the growth of ecommerce having “pioneered online payment and fraud management services for medium and large-sized merchants”.
In 2020, it processed 21 billion transactions and the equivalent of US $599 billion in payment volume worldwide (including its subsidiary, Authorize.net).
- Cybersource offers payment processing, fraud management, and data security all through one platform.
- They also offer other services including: payment distribution, Global Tax Calculation, VAT compliance requirements, Dynamic Currency Conversion, Recurring Billing, and more.
- Ability to handle both payments and risk within one integration for merchants that accept point-of-sale, phone, and web-based payments.
- Analysts located in six different continents to offer specific knowledge of markets.
- Only suitable for larger businesses working with mass transactions (costs will presumably match this too).
- Limited ability to develop multi-layered risk management product stacks.
- No access to real-time, live information – although they do have access to billions of transactions through their own data and Visa.
Book a demo and watch us in real time to see us in action
SEON Vs Cybersource Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes, via Emailage partnership|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 35+ platforms||No|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||Yes|
|Behavior tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|Integration / deployment|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Flexible tiered pricing based on API requests starting from €99.||N/A. Contact their sales team for more info.|
Where SEON Wins Over Cybersource
- SEON offers a more flexible, more affordable fraud-focused solution to manage risk thresholds with more control.
- Access to live social data enables businesses to create more complete profiles of their customers/users with more opportunities to develop a multi-layered system with other products in the market.
- SEON products are also tailored for specific industry problems like coupon/bonus abuse which CyberSource doesn’t cover.
Where Cybersource Wins Over SEON
- Their availability of both payments and fraud management in one space is a huge advantage for some businesses as it takes a huge weight off their shoulders operations-wise.
- Cybersource offers a complete, layered risk platform developed through years of experience and continues to work with some of the biggest brands globally.
SEON vs Cybersource Conclusion
- Your businesses require more information about users that enter your site to establish identity trust to maximize profits, reduce fraud and minimize false positives.
- You are a large-scale enterprise looking for an easy-to-use platform that handles both payments and risk management through one integration.
Learn more about:
Try our free tools: