Cybersource is a Visa-owned company that is primarily focused on payment processing. The company has been vital to the growth of ecommerce having “pioneered online payment and fraud management services for medium and large-sized merchants”.
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q3 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
Cybersource Key Features
- Cybersource offers payment processing, fraud management, and data security all through one platform.
- The company’s lightweight fraud prevention solution is sold as Fraud Management Essentials, which comes with pre-selected rules.
- The Decisions Manager is the more customizable solution for risk management, and you can buy extra modules to reduce account takeovers or tokenize payment information.
- Cybersource also offers other services including: payment distribution, Global Tax Calculation, VAT compliance requirements, Dynamic Currency Conversion, Recurring Billing, and more.
- Ability to handle both payments and risk within one integration for merchants that accept point-of-sale, phone, and web-based payments.
- Leverage Visa’s tremendous volume of payment data to reduce payment risk at your company.
- Only suitable for larger businesses working with mass transactions (costs will presumably match this too).
- Limited ability to develop multi-layered risk management product stacks.
- As a big, enterprise-focused solution, you may struggle to get responsive support – especially if you need help tailoring your risk management strategy with Cybersource’s multitude of paid products.
SEON’s advanced APIs and device fingerprinting provide fast, scalable fraud prevention solutions, no matter the size or ambition of your organization.
SEON Vs Cybersource Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes, via Emailage partnership|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 90+ platforms||No|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||Yes|
|Behavior tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|Integration / deployment|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $599 per month. For Premium Support, speak with an expert for a bespoke solution.||N/A. Contact their sales team for more info.|
Where SEON Wins Over Cybersource
- SEON offers a more flexible, more affordable fraud-focused solution to manage risk thresholds with more control.
- Access to live social data enables businesses to create more complete profiles of their customers/users with more opportunities to develop a multi-layered system with other products in the market.
- SEON products are also tailored for specific industry problems like coupon/bonus abuse which CyberSource doesn’t cover.
SEON vs Cybersource Conclusion
- You need an agile, flexible solution that combines CNP fraud solution with compliance tools and identification methods.
- You are a large-scale enterprise looking for an platform that handles both payments and risk management online and in-store and minimizes authorization issues
See our real-time fraud prevention solution in action, boasting unique digital footprinting, granular reporting, custom risk rules and machine learning.
Ask an Expert
Learn more about:
Try our free tools:
Showing all with `` tag