ClearSale is an ecommerce focused fraud prevention company that claims to be the first one of its kind to offer chargeback guarantees for merchants. ClearSale supports merchants with the ever-growing issue of CNP fraud and fraudulent chargebacks.
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q3 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
Clearsale Key Features
- ClearSale focuses on reducing payment friction and chargeback prevention, with a strong focus on reporting, monitoring, and filtering CNP (card non present) payments.
- The company works via a chargeback-guarantee model, which is designed for peace of mind rather than customization.
ClearSale also offers consultancy services to help improve your sales.
- You can integrate ClearSale via a wide range of ecommerce third-party add-ons.
- There is also a unique KPI-based pricing solution, where you agree on the chargeback rate you want to achieve, and ClearSale will adjust its price accordingly.
- Their direct focus on ecommerce makes them a safe bet for small and medium businesses with integration availability with all most platforms.
- Automated decision-making and means that you can let the system run without having to worry about the specifics of chargeback prevention.
- Interesting KPI-based pricing, which can be advantageous for smaller businesses.
- The company takes a small cut of each sale which might not be an issue if you’re looking to alleviate all risk effort but for merchants looking to maximize profits, there might be a better solution available.
- A heavily automated process means you don’t get much transparency into how ClearSale decides what is fraud and what isn’t.
- A lack of data enrichment processes that means you don’t get good user profiling for identity theft or multi-accounting – it’s focused on the payment information rather than the individual
SEON’s advanced APIs and device fingerprinting provide fast, scalable fraud prevention solutions, no matter the size or ambition of your organization.
SEON vs ClearSale Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 90+ platforms||No|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||Yes|
|Behavior tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|User authentication||Via cookie and browser hash||Yes|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||No|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|Integration / deployment|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $599 per month. For Premium Support, speak with an expert for a bespoke solution.||Performance-based pricing model (fixed % fee per transaction)|
Where SEON Wins Over ClearSale
- SEON allows for more flexibility and control, which makes it more suited for fraud analysts with specific risk challenges.
- Combining fraud prevention with KYC and AML is a great way to future-proof your online store when it comes to payment regulations.
SEON vs ClearSale Conclusion
- You need fraud prevention, chargeback prevention, and compliance tools rolled into one, and need to customize risk rules according to your business challenges.
- You want powerful CNP monitoring and the ability to stop thinking about chargebacks at all costs, even if it means losing a few legitimate sales in the process. The integration with a number of ecommerce platforms is also handy.
See our real-time fraud prevention solution in action, boasting unique digital footprinting, granular reporting, custom risk rules and machine learning.
Ask an Expert
Learn more about:
Try our free tools:
Showing all with `` tag