Ahead of the launch of our Shopify app, we look to offer an easy-to-read comparison between SEON and fellow fraud fighters ClearSale.
Disclaimer: Everything written about the companies mentioned in this article was gleaned from online research including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test all the tools. However, we ensured the information was correct as of Fall 2021. Feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.
Founded in Brazil in 2001, ClearSale is an e-commerce focused fraud prevention company that claims to be the first one of its kind to offer chargeback guarantees for merchants.
ClearSale works with over 4,000 customers across 170 countries to support merchants with the ever-growing issue of card-not-present fraud and fraudulent chargebacks.
With offices in Miami (US), São Paulo (Brazil), and Mexico City (Mexico), the company recently raised US$254 million in an initial public offering on Brazil’s B3 stock exchange. Some of their major clients include Wish, Privalia, Under Armour, Victoria’s Secret, and ASUS.
- ClearSale tailors its products to take over the entire risk process for merchants with the availability of chargeback guarantees and dedicated fraud staff to work around your needs.
- Its scoring engine with customizable rules helps merchants automate transactions without human input.
- ClearSale allows merchants to manually review orders if they fall into a ‘gray area’.
- They also offer insight on analysis on aspects beyond fraud such as your most profitable products, most valued customers, and target market analysis.
- Their direct focus on eCommerce makes them a safe bet for small and medium businesses with integration availability with all most platforms.
- Automated decision-making and chargeback guarantee allows you to focus your efforts elsewhere, letting them handle all things risk.
- One of the biggest flaws in the chargeback guarantee model is the clear conflict of interests from the vendor which can lead to more false positives and less revenue.
- The company takes a small cut of each sale which might not be an issue if you’re looking to alleviate all risk effort but for merchants looking to maximize profits, there might be a better solution available.
SEON Vs ClearSale Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 35+ platforms||No|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||Yes|
|Behavior tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|User authentication||Via cookie and browser hash||Yes|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||No|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
|Integration / deployment|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Flexible tiered pricing based on API requests starting from €99.||N/A. Contact their sales team for more info.|
Where SEON wins Over ClearSale
- SEON allows you to take more risk in different markets with the social media lookup-based rules, and we’re tailored for such markets. Our whitebox machine learning also offers more suggestions based on data and your continued usage.
- Access to live social data enables businesses to create more complete profiles of their customers/users with more opportunities to develop a multi-layered system with other products in the market.
Where ClearSale Wins Over SEON
- ClearSale’s direct focus on eCommerce gives them a foot up in terms of credibility within the industry along with the availability of integrations major platforms.
- ClearSale offer merchants the ability to not handle risk via their automated system and chargeback guarantee as well as manual review checks through their own team.
SEON vs ClearSale Conclusion
- Your businesses require more information about users that enter your site to establish identity trust to maximize profits, reduce fraud and minimize false positives.
- You are a large-scale enterprise looking for an easy-to-use platform that handles both payments and risk management through one integration.