Compare SEON vs BioCatch
This article will offer a brief overview of SEON vs BioCatch, including their key differences and product offerings to help businesses around the world in the fight against fraud.
|Disclaimer: Everything you’ll read in this article was gleaned from online research, including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test every tool. This article was last updated in Q1 2023. Please feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.|
BioCatch was founded in 2011 as online fraud and digital identity spoofing began to become more prevalent, becoming a concern for businesses around the world.
Having served in the military, founder Avi Turgeman then used his experience of whitehat hacking, system vulnerability management, and cyberterrorist operations to develop a financial risk management product.
The BioCatch product portfolio holds more than 60 patents, and the brand is considered an early pioneer of behavioral biometrics. Some of their key partners include Nuance, Experian, and Microsoft.
While the company offers standard account opening and account takeover protection, it also claims to be able to detect mule accounts and social engineering scams.
BioCatch Key Products
- BioCatch’s platform analyzes an online user’s physical and cognitive digital behavior to spot potential threats.
- The platform is broken down into four modules: the BioCatch Rule Manager, designed for real-time fraud prevention; the Analyst Station, for investigating data and identifying threat vectors; the Case Manager, which helps resolve cases of false positives; and the Policy Manager, allowing financial institutions to create and manage internal business policies.
- It’s worth mentioning that these products can work together in a custom risk management stack.
- Advanced behavioral analytics analyzing more than 2000 parameters to spot advanced emulators.
- Solution can be integrated into a wider risk management stack, complementing other KYC, IDV, and anti-fraud products.
- Tailored module to help identify mule bank accounts used for money laundering or terror funding.
- A strong suite of behavioral tools, but nothing in the way of transparent data enrichment.
- Pricing is at the higher end of the spectrum, and you will be entering upsell-driven negotiations
SEON vs BioCatch Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 50+ platforms||No|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||No|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||No|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Flexible tiered pricing based on API requests starting from $299.|
A free version with limited API calls is also available.
|N/A. Contact the sales team.|
Book a demo and watch us in real time to see us in action
Where BioCatch Wins over SEON
- Offers behavioral biometrics for enterprises.
- Delivers a handful of management systems based around behavioral and technical biometrics.
Where SEON Wins over BioCatch
- Combines real-time data analysis with compliance tools.
- Transparent, affordable pricing suitable for all kinds of business use cases.
Learn more about:
Browser Fingerprinting | Data Enrichment | Device Fingerprinting | Fraud Detection API | Fraud Detection Machine Learning | Fraud Detection & Prevention
Try our free tools:
BIN Lookup | IP Lookup | Reverse Email Lookup | Reverse Phone Lookup | Social Media Lookup
See a live demo of our product
Sign up for our newsletter
The top stories of the month delivered straight to your inbox