This article will offer a brief overview of SEON vs BioCatch, including their key differences and product offerings to help businesses around the world in the fight against fraud.
Disclaimer: Everything written about the companies mentioned in this article was gleaned from online research including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test all the tools. However, we ensured the information was correct as of spring 2022. Feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.
BioCatch was founded in 2011 as online fraud and digital identity spoofing began to become more prevalent, becoming a concern for businesses around the world.
Having served in the military, founder Avi Turgeman then used his experience of whitehat hacking, system vulnerability management, and cyberterrorist operations to develop a financial fraud prevention product.
The BioCatch product portfolio holds more than 60 patents, and the brand is considered an early pioneer of behavioral biometrics. Some of their key partners include Nuance, Experian, and Microsoft.
BioCatch Key Products
- BioCatch’s platform analyzes an online user’s physical and cognitive digital behavior to spot potential threats.
- The platform breaks into three key modules: User/Criminal Behavior Profiling, Malware & RAT Detection, and Robotic Detection.
- The analysis is split into behavioral biometrics and insights (how the user handles their device) and cognitive analysis (what choices they are making on the specific application), before creating a user profile based on the 20 most unique signals that can be used to distinguish an honest user from a bad actor.
- It’s worth mentioning that these products can work together in a custom risk management stack.
- Advanced behavioral analytics analyzing more than 2000 parameters to spot advanced emulators.
- Solution can be integrated into a wider risk management stack, complementing other KYC, IDV, and anti-fraud products.
- Tailored module to help identify mule bank accounts used for money laundering or terror funding.
- Highly focused on enterprise businesses and marquee financial services.
- Relatively high costs.
|Email data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 35+ platforms||No|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||No|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||No|
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes||Yes|
|Cost per month||Flexible tiered pricing based on API requests starting from $99.||N/A. Contact the sales team.|
Where BioCatch Wins over SEON
- Cutting-edge behavioral biometrics for enterprises.
- Provides deeper insight into user-specific behavior to help spot potential signs of fraudulent activity through analysis of common behaviors such as number of errors, corrections, copy & paste activity, and process familiarity.
Where SEON Wins over BioCatch
- Complete end-to-end solution with no direct need for additional products if you choose to go down this route.
- While both companies offer light KYC methods and device fingerprinting, SEON can provide you a frictionless extra layer of confidence when onboarding users thanks to the digital profiling tool, as well as IP analysis.
Learn more about:
Try our free tools: