We’re only in March and here at SEON we have had a very busy 2023 launching new products, attending international events, and battling fraud on all fronts. What we do requires no awards and it is gratifying enough that we’ve been able to save our customers $160 billion by preventing fincrime. Having said that, it is always nice to get external recognition and it’s the cherry on top of all the hard work that everyone here at SEON puts in.
Today is one of those moments in time to reflect on how far the team has come on our mission to make it a fincrime free world:
Our very own CEO, Tamas Kadar and co-founder Bence Jendruszak have been featured in Forbes 30 under 30 for Europe list which illustrates the influence that young entrepreneurs have to transform business and we think it’s a moment worth celebrating.
There’s a full history and timeline of SEON and how it’s grown here but not long ago, in a galaxy not that far away (Budapest) the following happened:
- Tamas & Bence met at university in 2016, and bonded over their interest in cryptocurrencies (and occasionally matching jackets).
- Their first project together was a crypto exchange for the CEE region.
- Unfortunately, they were soon the target of constant attacks from fraudsters.
- After trying several fraud prevention solutions, they came to the conclusion that they could build a better one themselves.
- It worked. Their tool was so efficient that other crypto platforms and high-risk merchants soon asked if they could use it too. The rest, as they say, is history…
There’s no better way to understand SEON and its journey than directly from Tamas (known internally as Tomi) in this video from Forbes where he talks about SEON and how we ended up here.
There’s a lot more exciting things happening at SEON with the launch of our AML offering, our free forever pricing tier, being recognised by Gartner and some amazing customer examples of how SEON helps.
This is no small feat, and it’s a testament to the hard work, dedication, and expertise that they bring to the table. Fincrime is a complex and ever-evolving field, and it takes a special kind of person to navigate the challenges and come out on top. So, congratulations to our founders for their entrepreneurship and the entire team for this incredible achievement!