Email intelligence is one of the most effective methods to help spot fraud; see how Emailage stacks up against SEON in this article.
Disclaimer: Everything written about the companies mentioned in this article was gleaned from online research including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test all the tools. However, we ensured the information was correct as of Summer 2021. Feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.
Before their takeover by LexisNexis in February 2020, Emailage was a global fraud prevention company that created a customer profile based on a customers email address, leading to an overall risk score which automatically triggered real-time alerts of potentially risky transactions.
Founded in 2012, Emailage found itself to be a leader in the email lookup space due to its utilisation of strategic partnerships, access to proprietary data, and its machine learning technology.
- Emailage’s key product is its email lookup tool which helps create a more holistic profile on any customers entering / transacting on your site.
- A risk score engine which analyses the email given to support companies in stopping bad actors from entering their site.
- Availability for geolocation checks and behavioural analysis all based on existing transactional data.
Pros of Emailage
- Real-time alerts through a given data point (email address).
- Access LexisNexis Risk Solutions network which provides access to over 4 billion email users and 5.9 billion digital identifiers worldwide and previous transaction data processed in 150+ countries.
Cons of Emailage
- Emailage does not make use of live, active data meaning some of the data will be stale or outdated.
- Limited ability to investigate other data points such as IP addresses and phone numbers.
- No device fingerprinting for extra analysis.
SEON Vs Emailage Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||No|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 35+ platforms||Yes, limited|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||Yes|
|Behaviour tracking||Yes, via custom rules||Yes|
|User authentication||Yes via cookie and browser hash||No|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||Yes|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||Yes|
Integration / deployment
|Custom API fields||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with other tools||Yes, via Zapier||Yes only via LexisNexis|
|Cost per month||€300||N/A|
Where SEON Wins Over Emailage
- SEON utilises OSINT and data enrichment to provide live, real-time analysis of a given email address instead of relying on proprietary databases.
- This lookup tool can also be applied to other data points including phone numbers and IP addresses.
- Our Intelligence tool can be applied in a modular API form, allowing you to have more flexibility with your risk management product stack.
Where Emailage Wins Over SEON
- Similar to ThreatMetrix, if you are already using LexisNexis products then you might see value in simply adding this product to your stack.
- LexisNexis will offer on-premise integrations for any of its products.
SEON vs Emailage Conclusion
Choose SEON If:
You are working in an industry with lower margins with a need to maximise profits or operating in emerging markets with less existing data knowledge and require a real-time email / phone lookup tool to avoid stale data problems.
Choose Emailage If:
You are already working with or are looking at LexisNexis products and need some form of email analysis.