This article puts together two disruptive fraud prevention firms against each other, both SEON and ArkOwl have a heightened focus on the value of live data lookups in a risk management scenario.
Disclaimer: Everything written about the companies mentioned in this article was gleaned from online research including user reviews. We did not have time to manually test all the tools. However, we ensured the information was correct as of Summer 2021. Feel free to contact us to request an update/correction.
Founded in 2012, the company’s infrastructure was developed by former co-founder now GitLab engineer Mike Greiling along with Rob Daline, who remains as CEO. The company joined NICE Actimze’s platform-as-a-service in 2019.
ArkOwl pulls data from sources such as social networking sites, whois databases, webmail hosts, popular service providers as well as other open databases to provide a customer profile.
- ArkOwl’s principal product pulls together live data points to provide an online overview of the individual behind a transaction.
- The solution uses data enrichment to provide a live analysis for email and phone verification to help clients make more accurate decisions before any payments are made.
- The tool analyses over 80 data points including domain, breaches, and social networks.
Pros of ArkOwl
- Real-time live social media lookup through data enrichment.
- No stale data.
- Flexible pricing structure with options including a monthly subscription, pre-purchase queries or pay as you go.
Cons of ArkOwl
- Limited team management capabilities due to limited size of the company.
- Limited product offerings and machine learning involvement.
- No artificial intelligence or device fingerprinting capabilities.
- Smaller social media lookup offerings when compared to competitors.
SEON Vs ArkOwl Features Comparison Table
|Email data enrichment||Yes||Yes|
|Phone data enrichment||Yes||Yes|
|Find user social media||Yes, checks 35+ platforms||Yes, checks 7+ sites|
|BIN for transaction||Yes||No|
|Behaviour tracking||Yes, via custom rules||No|
|User authentication||Via cookie and browser hash||No|
|Machine learning suggestions||Yes||No|
|Industry preset rules||Yes||No|
|Integration / deployment|
|Custom API fields||Yes||No|
|Integration with other tools||Yes, via Zapier||Yes|
|Cost per month||€300||N/A|
Where SEON Wins Over ArkOwl
- SEON offers more online coverage with over 25 networks / online services through our Intelligence Tool.
- A larger company and a dedicated customer success team made up of former fraud managers who can advise on your ruleset and more.
- Easy access to upgrade to the Sense platform if the demand is there – ArkOwl does not have a full platform more acting as an extra product to your main risk mangement system.
Where ArkOwl Wins Over SEON
- Availability through the X-Sight marketplace gives easy accessibility to those who already work with said companies.
- US-centric company.
SEON vs ArkOwl Conclusion
Choose SEON If:
You are looking for a completely robust system (Sense) and need more than just a single API. Furthermore, if you’re outside the US, the Intelligence Tool tracks more global platforms.
Choose ArkOwl If:
You are looking solely for a data enrichment solution that focuses on key western social platforms.